The Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDip Ed) programme is offered in four specialisation routes:
- Leadership and management
- Learning and teaching in higher education
- Mentoring, coaching and supervision
- Quality assurance
The programme is targeted at education and education related practitioners, who are seeking professional development, to enable them to further draw from academic expertise to better steer their capacity to self-assess their own practice and act on same.
Structure and Content
There are four modules that run successively. These include two core modules and two elective modules according to the specialist route chosen. Each module carries 20 CATS points.
Programme Duration and Delivery
The intake of the 16-month programme is January. The modules are run in a blended mode and assessed through coursework.
This programme targets teachers, educational practitioners and paraprofessionals in the field of education, as well as those who are already in post or are aspiring to positions in areas of educational leadership, administration, inspection, quality assurance, or mentoring.
- The ‘Learning and teaching in higher education’ specialisation route is open to candidates who are working full-time or part-time in a higher education or post-secondary institution.
- The ‘Mentoring, coaching and supervision’ specialisation route is also open to candidates from fields other than education and who are currently assuming or intending to assume mentoring/ coaching/supervision roles in their organization, such as in nursing or
- The ‘Quality assurance’ route will be of interest to education professionals who are concerned with effectiveness and improvement at classroom and/or school
PGDip Ed Programme Coordinator: Ms Shalini J. Ramasawmy
PGDip Ed Assistant Programme Coordinator: Ms Anu S. Fulena
For any further queries, kindly contact the Higher Studies Office at firstname.lastname@example.org